Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
My credit card is not accepted when I try to book a hotel on the registration platform.
- Due to the regulations in force in Switzerland, "3D Secure" authentication is required for VISA and Mastercard. Please contact your credit card provider directly for activation.
What is the Grinding Symposium, and who is the event for?
- The Grinding Symposium is an event organized by the UNITED GRINDING Group. At the Symposium technical innovations and trends in all areas of precision machining are presented in the form of presentations and demonstrations.
- The detailed program for the Symposium will be available on this platform in due course.
- The Grinding Symposium is laid out to customers of UNITED GRINDING Group, interested experts and trade press.
When will the Grinding Symposium take place?
- From Wednesday 8th to Friday 10th May 2019.
In which languages does the Symposium take place?
- Expert talks: German and English, with translation into French and Italian.
- Technical presentations: German, English, French, and Italian.
Where will the Symposium take place?
- The venue for the Grinding Symposium is Thun.
- The venue for the evening events is Bern.
There will be NO events and/or transfers to and from Interlaken.
When and how can I book my accommodation?
- When registering on this platform you will also have the option of booking hotel rooms in Bern and Thun. For accommodation booked through the official platform, transfers will be provided to the venue.
I would like to travel with my partner. Is there a partner program?
- When registration becomes available, you will be able to book attractive excursion options for partners.
Travel and bus transfers to the Grinding Symposium
- The Thun-Expo exhibition center can be reached by private and public transport. Visitors are responsible for their own travel arrangements. This also includes travel to the event.
- For accommodation booked through the official Symposium platform, regular transfers will be provided to all event venues. Individual requests cannot be considered for logistical reasons.
Please note that transfers from hotel bookings outside the Grinding Symposium platform cannot be offered for logistical reasons.
How much does it cost to attend the Grinding Symposium?
- Registration and participation in the Symposium are free of charge.
- Participation in the evening events is free of charge. Should you wish to bear the costs yourself, UNITED GRINDING Group will invoice you the participation costs of € 35.00 per person per evening event.
- Accommodation, travel and all other expenses are borne by the visitor.
Non-attendance and cancellation
- No costs are incurred by guests in the case of non-attendance at the Symposium and evening Events.
- Cancellation of hotel rooms, travel costs or other personal services booked, including those booked outside the event platform, are the responsibility of the person making the booking. The information given by the provider applies.
I still have a few questions. Who should I contact?